Natixis ranks 1st bookrunner and 1st MLA for syndicated real-estate finance loans in the EMEA region in 2018 (source: Dealogic, EMEA Real Estate Loans Report, Full-year 2018), testifying to the dynamism of its activity and its position as a key player in the real-estate and hospitality sector.
Natixis closed and distributed emblematic transactions on all its core European markets:
- in France, where it ranks n°1 (source: Dealogic), such as the €91 million loan secured for the #Curve green office and retail project in Saint-Denis, the fully-distributed €650 million financing of Foncière Vesta in the residential sector, the €330 million office financing in favor of Batipart Régions2, the Sequana €300 million office acquisition green loan in favor of Accor.
- in Germany, such as the €335 million Capitals Property office financing in Frankfurt, the Rockspring commercial center €220 million refinancing located across Germany
- in Italy, where we particularly stood out in the healthcare sector with the Fondo Tessalo and Spazio Sanità deals for a total amount of €228 million
- in Spain, such as the Morzal €256 million shopping centers financing, located across Spain, and the €500 million corporate financing in favor of Immobiliara Colonial
- and even in United kingdom, with the Rocky transaction consisting in 4-5 stars hotels portfolio financing for £400 million.
Real-estate and hospitality has been identified as a key sector for Natixis as part of its New Dimension 2018-2020 strategic plan, with the ambition of becoming an innovative solutions house and the go-to bank in this sector.
In more than 30 years, Natixis has built solid and recognized expertise in financing this sector. By creating long-term value and developing a continuum of expertise that meets the expectations of its clients (financing, investment banking, mergers and acquisitions advisory, hedging products, etc.), Natixis is positioned as their preferred partner. This sectorial expertise is organized around industry groups, the "industry bankers". A dedicated M&A team develops merger & acquisition services, in addition to the bank's global network of M&A boutiques. Located in Europe, the United States and Hong Kong, Natixis covers all asset classes: residential, office, retail, logistics, hospitality (hotels, clinics, retirement homes, etc.).
Natixis also stands out for its underwriting and distribution strength, due to total coordination between its three international platforms. Moreover, Natixis is the only French bank to have a Pfandbriefbank (Natixis Pfandbriefbank AG), which allows it to issue mortgage bonds under German law.